Diets are made to go “on” and “off of”, and if you’re like most people—who want to be fit, lean, alert and healthy—you don’t want to diet. You want to eat naturally and normally, in a way that helps you have the body and lifestyle you deserve to enjoy.
In EAT, Dr. Ian Smith has created a blueprint for you. It’s a flexible and intelligent plan you can follow every day, in every situation—eating out, working late, traveling, cooking for the holidays—and that will urge your body to perform at its peak.
You’ll drop any excess pounds you need to lose. You won’t worry about what you “can” and “can’t” eat, but will listen to yourself and eat smart.
Dr. Ian’s Ten Simple Rules for Good Eating tell you what the experts know:
- Follow the Rainbow: if you eat color, you’re getting vitamins and minerals in the right package
- Carb Heaven: don’t ban carbohydrates—or any nutrient group!
- The Whole Truth About Whole Grains: they may not be what you think they are, and you should be eating them all the time
- Feel Full Fiber: it’s magic at every meal
- Protein Bonanza: all proteins aren’t equal
- Spicetopia: 5 of the tastiest and healthiest spices in the world
- Size Matters: how to portion, and secret calories you don’t know about
- You are What You Drink: the miracle liquid and drinks that can wash out good eating
- Unearthing the Organic Truth: it’s not always healthier
- The Power of Snacks: they can help you lose weight!
Cut to the chase with Dr. Ian’s EAT Plan at the end of each chapter, or become your own expert by reading from start to finish. Either way, EAT is not about denial. It’s about permission….to live, to fuel your strong body, to eat!